LAST UPDATE OF THESE REFUND POLICIES – June 30, 2022
Rebellious Unicorns Production Company Inc (“we”, “us” or “RUPC”) is a producer and promoter of live entertainment events (“Event”, “Events”). Tickets (“Tickets”) for Events and Tours are sold by RUPC to purchasers through our website or other ticketing agents. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of such ticketing agents which may apply to the sale of a Ticket for a particular Event, by purchasing and/or holding and/or being in possession of a Ticket or Tickets, the holder of the Ticket (“Ticket holder”, “you”, “your”) agrees to and is bound by these terms and conditions (“Ticketing Terms”).
The provisions of these Ticketing Terms are for the benefit of our ticketing agents and/or RUPC and/or the Venue by way of contract for the benefit of a third party and may be accepted by the ticketing agents and/or RUPC and/or the Venue at any time.
For some of our events you must be 19 years of age or older prior to the start of our ticketed events to attend.
All clauses in the Ticketing Terms indicated in BOLD are provisions which limit the risk or liability of RUPC and constitute an assumption of risk or liability by you, impose an obligation on you to indemnify RUPC or is an acknowledgement of a fact by you, and are therefore drawn to your attention. You should pay particular attention to such clauses and consider them carefully.
The Ticketing Terms
- Each Ticket you purchase from RUPC through a ticketing agent or online is intended to give you a revocable license (or right) to entry and attendance of the particular Event only to which the Ticket pertains. Each Ticket holder has a right to a seat or standing place in the venue.
- A Ticket does not afford the Ticket holder the right to transport to the Venue, or parking, or merchandise, or any food or beverages at the Venue, unless otherwise stated. Other independent service providers might render services relating to transport, parking, merchandise, food or beverages at the Venue and in such circumstances, the terms and conditions of such service providers will apply between it and persons who make use of such products or services.
- You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to the Venue and you must produce that Ticket, stamp or provided Wristband for inspection upon request from an Event official at any time. Failure to produce such Ticket or Wristband when requested may result in you being denied access to the Venue or in you being removed from the Venue.
- Tickets are not transferable and cannot be resold or offered for resale (including on-line auction sites) or used for commercial purposes including advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of RUPC in advance. Certain RUPC Events may have transferability enabled on our website and this is the ONLY way a ticket may be transferred to an alternative party. If this condition is breached the Ticket may be canceled without refund or compensation and the bearer of the Ticket may be refused entry or removed from the Venue.
- Any Tickets bought from unauthorized agents or third parties are not valid and admission to an Event on the strength of such Tickets will not be permitted. All Tickets remain the property of RUPC at all times and constitute a personal revocable license from RUPC to the Ticket holder which may be withdrawn by RUPC and admission refused at any time upon refunding the printed purchase price of the Ticket.
- We reserve the right to restrict the sale of Tickets to a maximum number per person, per credit card and/or per household and to cancel any Tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- If an error is made in the price of Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- It is your responsibility to (i) ensure that your Tickets are collected by or delivered to you before the date of the Event; (ii) keep your Tickets safe prior to the Event; and (iii) check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of the Event and if applicable, any rescheduled Event. Event dates and times are subject to change. We refer you to the Ticket Purchase Agreement which contains detailed provisions relating to the collection and delivery of Tickets purchased through RUPC. RUPC is responsible or liable should you fail to obtain your Tickets timeously or for any Tickets that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- You are entitled to cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s) at any time prior to the scheduled date of the Event to which the Ticket(s) apply by contacting the ticketing agent or RUPC (whichever is applicable) and arranging such cancellation and return, subject to the following:
- If you cancel your purchase of and return your Ticket(s):
- Within 2 (two) days of purchase, and at least 30 (thirty) days prior to the start of the event you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket less a cancellation fee that will not exceed 25% of the face value of the ticket.
- More than 14 days before the event, we will offer you a cash refund of 50% off the value of your ticket(s) or a store credit that is 75% of the value of you ticket(s).
- Within 14 days but more than 7 days of the event we will offer you a store credit of 50% of the value of the ticket(s).
- With 7 days of the event - there are no refunds.
- Notwithstanding the above, if you can provide us with proof that the person for whom, or whose benefit a Ticket was purchased will not be able to attend the Event because of his or her death or hospitalization, no cancellation fee will apply in respect of that Ticket.
- Refund requests submitted after the event date has passed need to be submitted within 2 (two) business days of such event date. All refund requests submitted after the 2 (two) business days will not be entertained by RUPC.
- Your purchase of Tickets is subject to our right to cancel or reschedule an Event at any time, or to alter or vary the programme of an Event, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Where we alter or vary the programme of an Event, we shall not be obligated to refund any Ticket monies or exchange your Tickets. Please note that if an opening act or guest artist is changed or canceled, the event is not considered canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund or exchange. Neither we, a ticketing agent, RUPC nor any other person shall have any liability to you to refund the purchase price of a Ticket in circumstances where an Event is canceled due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- If an Event is rescheduled or canceled, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you as soon as reasonably possible thereof (including notifying you of the details of any rescheduled Event) by publishing the details of the rescheduled or canceled Event, as the case may be, on the website located at the domain name https://rebelliousunicorns.com (the “Website”) and by e-mail and, if available, short message service (“SMS”) notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. It is therefore important that you provide the ticketing agent or RUPC (whichever is applicable) with your correct contact details at the time of the purchase of Tickets. If the Event is to be rescheduled, you will be offered a Ticket for the rescheduled performance of the Event (subject to availability and you having provided us with correct contact details). Should you not wish to attend such a rescheduled performance of the Event, you will be required, for purposes of safety and security planning in respect of the Event, to notify the ticketing agent through which you purchased your ticket, or alternatively our customer service centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, of your intention to not attend that Event. You may give such notification by way of e-mail, which notification must be received by the date published on the Website and by e-mail and SMS notification to the contact details which you provide at the time of the purchase of Tickets. Should you give notification as stated above or if the Event is not rescheduled, you shall be entitled to a refund of the face value of the Ticket. If the relevant Event is only partially canceled (eg if it is a multi-day Event and only one day is canceled), we shall give you a partial refund corresponding to the proportion of the Event canceled. Any refund referred to herein must be claimed by you by contacting the ticketing agent or RUPC (whichever is applicable) to arrange the return of your unused Ticket and receive the refund.
- The following restrictions will apply to your attendance at an Event and your breach of any of these may lead to you being ejected from the Venue:
- Appropriate standards of behaviour are expected of all persons attending an Event and persons deemed to be behaving in a manner that is dangerous or unacceptable in the opinion of RUPC or its agents or contractors, will be refused admission and/or removed from the Venue with no refund on the Ticket.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right in our reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit of a Venue, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or to other patrons or that are in breach of the Ticketing Terms and/or to refuse admission and/or to refund the Ticket face value if we have reasonable grounds to do so.
- Ticket holders may be ejected from the Venue if, in the reasonable opinion of RUPC or its agents or any contractors appointed by RUPC, or the Venue, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Ticketing Terms or the terms and conditions of the Venue.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Venue in which we operate.
- If you are a person with a disability, you are requested to inform RUPC, RUPC and its agents and contractors will use their reasonable endeavours to accommodate and assist you at the Event, subject to their capacity to do so, and the confines and layout of the Venue facilities.
- Please note that CCTV, film cameras and photographers may be present at the Venue. By purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, you consent to being filmed, photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded, and that your name, voice and likeliness may be broadcasted, displayed or distributed (commercial or otherwise) without any compensation being paid to you.
- You voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to an Event, whether occurring before, during or after the Event, and you waive any claims for loss, damage, personal injury or death against RUPC, the management of RUPC, any agent of RUPC, the performing artist(s), participants, and all of their respective parents, affiliated entities, agents, officers, directors, owners and employees on behalf of yourself and any minor accompanying you or for whom you purchased a Ticket.
- Neither the Venue nor RUPC can accept responsibility for damage to or loss of any personal property at an Event.
- You bear the risk of inclement weather.
- If any provision of these Ticketing Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of these Ticketing Terms; or the legality, validity or enforceability in any other jurisdiction of that or any other provision of these Ticketing Terms.
- No indulgence which RUPC or any of its agents and/or contractors (the “Grantor”) may grant to you and/or the Ticket holder (the “Grantee”) shall constitute a waiver of any of the rights of the Grantor, who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the Grantee which might have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- These Ticketing Terms cancel and supersede all prior negotiations and previous agreements, understandings and arrangements, whether written or oral, between you and BCI or any of its agents and/or contractors.
- These Ticketing Terms constitute the whole agreement between you and/or the Ticket holder and BCI in respect of the subject matter hereof and no addition to or variation or novation of this agreement shall be of any force or effect, unless reduced to writing and signed by the above parties or their duly authorised representatives.
- These Ticketing Terms shall be governed by British Columbia Law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the British Columbia courts.
- If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a Staff or volunteer as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the Event.
- In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from staff, volunteers and/or other officials.
- Please note that loud music at Events can damage hearing.
- When purchasing alcohol at a Venue, the Venue has all rights to verify valid government issued photo id.
- Official merchandise is only available from RUPC and/or outlets within the Venue. Please beware of unofficial traders offering inferior and illegal goods.